Internship and Practicum Program Overview
The Marina Counseling Center is seeking qualified trainees and interns who are looking for practicum placement or would like to begin an internship. We select candidates based on the quality of their education, experience, and commitment to client centered care.
- Weekly didactic and experiential trainings
- Individual and group supervision
- Opportunities to build a caseload
- Opportunities to gain child and family hours through our School Based Counseling Program
- Marketing training
- Community involvement
- Compensation possible after first year
Our program emphasizes an integration of Relational, Contemporary Analytic, Transpersonal, Psychodynamic, and Humanistic-Existential approaches. We seek individuals who are dedicated, skilled, and self-reflective. The program requires approximately 20 hours per week and is a one year commitment.
The MCC accepts 4 to 5 new practicum/associates three times per year.
We are no longer accepting applications for for our Summer and Fall 2024 cohorts.
Our next application process will begin in the Fall of 2024 for our Winter 2025 Cohort. At that time, to apply, please Download an application